The time has finally come! The third installment of the Bright Report series is about to release – that’s right, pre-order now!
This one took me slightly longer to complete. As some of you know, I’ve had to start from scratch after losing my work. Now, after many rewrites and countless backups (mostly in the form of handwritten notes), the third main installment of the Bright Report is ready!
As mentioned before, I tried to give pack more into this volume. I hope – as with all my scribblings – that at least one of the stories will land with you. If one does, please let me know!
So without further ado, allow me to present Volume 3 of the Bright Report.
Here’s what to expect.
What is in this Bright Report
Looking lovely in lime green, this volume brings you seven new short stories, a map, and some horoscopes. The latter forming part of a new segment in which Mr Balding (the editor) gives a journalist a chance to feature their ‘talents’. This time it is Madam Geist, the Bright Report’s psychic medium (please see the footnotes for warnings, terms and conditions, and more).
Here are the stories in Bright Report 3:
- Crime: A Twist of Lime – Frank Safely uncovers a deadly plot, or at least he thinks he does. Ever wondered what happens to noir detectives when the world moves on and the jazz fades away?
- Education: Unoriginal Sin – Emma Rose Armitage investigates how a university tackles the challenges of distance education and plagiarism. The solution is not as eldritch as she expects.
- Art: Unremembered Songs – Pash Tensing has a look at Dr Bos’s new art installation. What is he trying to say with the pre-recorded advice?
- Antiques: The Fitzgerald Feather, Part II – the antique journalist discovers what the cursed quill does. What was his name again?
- Technology: The Mourning Fridge – Calliper Print fulfills her promise by writing the fridge man’s story. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you can find her free story here.
- Sport: Competitive Housekeeping – Charline Ratanang may be a sports journalist, but she can never pass up an opportunity to compete. I don’t want to say too much about this one other than I had a lot of fun writing it.
- Travel: The People of the Cloud, Part 3 – our intrepid explorer, Carmichael Carmichael, continues his journey in the Cloud Islands. This time he faces the Gobbledygook tribe – will he be able to understand him?
Seven stories plus a few added extras – including a map of the Cloud Islands. Some readers have been asking for that.
Do any of these stories take your fancy?
Will you pre-order Bright Report 3?
Please let me know below.
More Bright Report
If you are new to the series, please consider picking up the other Volumes – see the links below. Now, on to Volume 4.